What is Drain Line Video Camera Inspection?
Video drain line inspection is one of the most useful innovations in the plumbing industry and excavation practices. Cameras that are used for this procedure are waterproof, they do real-time video inspections of drain lines and other underground pipes. For this purpose a bendable rod with a high-resolution video camera on its end is inserted into the pipes from 2 inches to 36 inches in diameter. The rod allows the camera to move through the pipe (including its corners) to see all the inner contents of the pipe. Such a real-time video image transmission should be performed by a skilled technician who can determine the state of the inside of the pipe and fix any existing or impending problems. The images can be saved for the future record. There is no speculation, so your pipe problems will be solved quickly and efficiently.
Identify Problems Early Using Video Drain Line Inspection
At Pomona Valley Plumbing Heating & Air Conditioning we use this method to accurately identify the problems with pipes at residential and commercial facilities. Video inspection of your drain line is useful in many cases.
- In case of lines clogging, video inspection can help our technicians find the exact location of the clog and the factors that caused it like tree roots, so that we can come up with the best possible solution.
- If the pipe is too old, it can collapse, causing the drain line failure. In this case the pipe would definitely need replacement. Video inspection can help us determine exactly what we’re dealing with and radio signal sent by the camera to the technician can pinpoint exactly the location of the problem.
- When the pipe is aging, video drain line inspections are also very useful in determining the present condition of the pipes. The preventative measures can be taken before the line fails and damages your property.
- Video cameras have also been used to locate lost jewelry and other valuables, as well as animals that have become lost or trapped in pipes.
- This method can help the plumbers identify different problems, such as root intrusion and pipe that is crooked, broken or corroded. The camera can also find grease buildup, leaks and blockages. After the drain line has been properly cleaned or fixed, the video inspection can be repeated to ensure that the service was successfully done.
- It is also a good idea to check the drain lines with the help of this method before you decide to purchase a home. Make sure that sewer lines are free of problems that can result in expensive repairs after you move in.
Replacing or repairing buried drain lines can have significant expense and inconvenience. Let your local plumbing expert identify if your drain line is clear. At Pomona Valley Plumbing Heating & Air Conditioning we can diagnose your plumbing system for potential problems and recommend adequate solutions.