When to Replace Your Central Air Conditioning System
Some people think that if they buy an air conditioner (AC), it is supposed to serve them faithfully for a lifetime. But it is not true. Most systems are not meant to last for more than 10-12 years. There will eventually come the point when as a homeowner you will have to consider replacing your AC unit. A central AC system is an expensive investment, so you would want to take into account all the factors that could potentially influence your choice.
Consider the Benefits of a New AC Unit
- Increased energy-efficiency – First of all, your new AC unit should be energy-efficient, at the same time maintaining optimal temperature in every part of your home. It is important that your unit is capable of reducing the humidity level that is responsible for the discomfort of summer heat, while making the temperature comfortable enough for your family members’ daily activities.
- Long-term savings – The latest and most advanced energy-saving technology of your system should also help you save on your utility bills. And with proper installation by the technicians from Pomona Valley Plumbing Heating & Air Conditioning you’ll benefit from more consistent temperature control as well as better-quality indoor air. The most efficient AC systems provide savings that can reimburse the initial cost difference after some time of their operation. Do not try to save on quality when buying a new AC, high quality unit will help you save more in the future.
- Improved indoor air quality – There is a variety of system options that improve indoor air quality such as ventilation of stale indoor air, killing of airborne germs, entrapping particles and reducing allergens. In summer when your AC system can control humidity, it is an extra bonus – in that way mold and mildew growth is limited. All these options become available when you decide to replace your old unit and substitute it with a new more upgraded model.
- Quiet operation – new AC units are usually quieter when they work. Distracting noise should not interfere with your home comfort any more.
- Reliability – up-to-date cooling systems are manufactured and tested to endure extreme conditions. When you upgrade to a new AC system, you avoid unplanned service calls and repairs.
These five simple signs indicate a need for replacement of your current AC unit:
- Your system is over 12 years old and its poor operation is evident.
- Your AC system makes excessive noise and produces dust, causing you to constantly maintain it.
- You have noticed a significant increase in your electricity bills over the past year.
- Your AC system does not cool the air the way it used to, making you sweat in unbearable heat.
- Frequent breakdowns of your AC system result in costly repairs.
When you have made up your mind and decided to replace your AC equipment, contact Pomona Valley Plumbing Heating & Air Conditioning – a reputable Pomona Valley plumbing contractor to discuss your options. We specialize in installing, repairing and replacing of AC units. Give us a call today!